Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hopes and Expectations

My hopes for this trip are that I can bring something valuable to Ideas42/IFMR/SEFC (you’ll find that I may use these interchangeably) and that in turn this year is a year of pleasant growth for me with the excitement of exploring more of the country I was so fascinated with during my 2007 trip. I also anticipate the development of new colleagues and hopefully some life-long friends. Lastly, I hope to gain a new understanding of business in India both as an outsider and an insider (go textiles!).

Wow, that sounds so nice and neat. Okay, here are my actual expectations: That there will be frustrations with work, but I will try to deal with them with patience and understanding. That I will have a lot of alone time where I will be forced to discover new ways to entertain myself (without the aid of hulu :-) That I will get sick of the hustle and bustle of the city, but will escape to quieter and more calm sanctuaries like my apartment, an ashram, and the trail as I trek about with friends and (hopefully) family. That the heat will “get to me”, but that I will stake out all of the best A/C places in town. That I will discover that a year of curry is a lot of curry, but also find that my mad passion for curry knows no bounds. That I will get sick, but hopefully not too sick. That there will be times where I will wish to be anywhere but where I am and that hopefully a screening of Pride and Prejudice will successfully take me there. That the time will fly, but hopefully I will be able to appreciate it as it goes by.

No comments:

Post a Comment