Sunday, June 21, 2009

Side Project – love those textiles!

I also have a bit of a side project that I am already excitedly preparing for. I am working with Shelley Muzzy to have a few clothing pieces created in India. Our hope is that we can set up a system to have things made and shipped to her lovely store, Bijoux, in Bellingham (http://www.bijouxtradingcompany.com/). My visions of grandeur have Shelley creating her amazing designs and me flying around the world to find ways to have them made from traditional fabrics and cooperatives (can we say Indonesia, Laos, Thailand as well?). I’d love to throw in some microfinance into the mix as well…if I am going to dream, I am going to dream big!! I am already mapping out the important markets and shops I will be mining for interesting fabrics in Chennai. Here is my map if anyone is interested in checking it out (there are loads of other goodies like restaurants in there).

No comments:

Post a Comment